- Statement of Faith
- Constitution and Canons ACA
- Constitution and Canons DNE
- Episcopal Visits 2014
- Cycle of Prayer 2014
- Cycle of Prayer 2015
- Diocesan Links
- Parish Resources
- Logos House of Theological Studies
- Logos House Course Catalog 2015
- St. Luke's Camp
- Anglican Church in America
- Diocese of the Eastern United States
- Diocese of the Missouri Valley
- Diocese of the West
- Traditional Anglican Communion
- International Anglican Fellowship
- Anglican Province of America (APA)
- Facebook page
Canon to the Ordinary:The Very Reverend Alexander Henderson “Hendy” Webb
Secretary: Linnea Shaver
Treasurer: Katherine Lippman
Chancellor: Walter W Jones Jr
Archdeacon: The Ven. Alan Koller
Information Officer: Bonnie Turner
Diocesan Mailing Address
The Most Rev Brian R Marsh
Po Box 963
Belchertown, Ma 01007
(Traditional Anglican Communion)
Diocese of the Northeast
The Rt. Rev. Brian R. Marsh, Bishop
1 Main Street, Belchertown MA 01007
LOGOS HOUSE OF THEOLOGICAL STUDIES
74 Evangeline Drive, Brooksville, Maine 04617 USA
Office of the President
October 22, 2012
SEMINARY ANNOUNCES NEW PRESIDENT
The Rev. Jeffrey W. Monroe has been elected by the Board of Trustees as President and Acting Dean of the Logos House of Theological Studies. He fills the position left vacant by the recent passing of the Very Rev. Granville Henthorne, DD, the seminary's founder. Fr. Monroe will be responsible for the administration and development of the Seminary's programs.
Fr. Monroe has a strong academic and administrative background and served as Vice President of the Board. He was an assistant professor in the State University of New York (SUNY) system and associate professor in the Massachusetts State University system. He also served as Chairman of the Department of Business Administration/Marine Transportation and Graduate Studies Program at SUNY Fort Schuyler and Professional Education as Director of the Center of Maritime Training at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy. He was a lay chaplain for students at both institutions where he was heavily involved in campus ministries. He was also a visiting lecturer at the Boston Museum of Science, and an adjunct at the Muskie School of Public Policy, University of Southern Maine. He currently administers and lectures in the Certified Port Executive Program recognized by the Canadian Association of Professional Engineers and is the logistics educator for the Canadian Department of Defense. Fr. Monroe was recently one of two finalists for the Presidency of Maine Maritime Academy.
Fr. Monroe is a 1976 graduate of Maine Maritime Academy and has a Master's Degree from the State University of New York. He also has Bachelor of Sacred Theology Degree from Logos House and a Federal Master Mariner Certification as well as numerous professional certifications. He served Logos House in the Diaconal Instruction Program and is mentor of Pastoral Theology. He will continue in his roles as the Rector of St. Margaret of Scotland Church in Conway, NH and a maritime and port chaplain.
“My fundamental goal will be to build on the foundation of what Fr. Henthorne's vision created,” said Fr. Monroe. “The key to growth will be good administration, skilled and expanded faculty and academic programs that reflect the need for highly qualified and well educated clergy.” In addition to the institution's administration, he hopes to develop a Board of Visitors to foster close cooperation between the national churches of the TAC, develop lay and continuing education programs, develop on-line education programs and insure that the work in progress by current students is evaluated in a timely manner. “One of my first objectives in addition to addressing current student course work will be the expansion of the current faculty to insure we bring a wide range of experienced talent to the table as our student population grows,” Fr. Monroe noted.
Logos House is an independent institution affiliated with the Anglican Church in America (ACA), and under the patronage of the Traditional Anglican Communion. The Seminary was founded in 1998, at the request of and with the support of the late Bishop Bruce Chamberlain, Diocese of the Northeast, ACA. The mission is focused on the education of candidates from the Traditional Anglican and other theologically conservative jurisdictions for ministry as Deacons and Priest in Parish and other Pastoral settings. The seminary currently educates students from multiple continuing Anglican Church jurisdictions and several nations outside of North America. The study center and library are currently located in Ellsworth, Maine and programs are built around the Oxford Tutorial Model, based on remote learning and distance education. The program is geared to men who are in full-time secular employment, and have experienced the call to part-time or full-time Ministry in the Church.
August 21, 2012
BISHOP Blesses 18th Century Bible
On Sunday at The Fort at No. 4 in Charlestown, NH, the Most Rev. Brian R. Marsh, joined Wendy Baker, Director of the Fort, Fr. Art Bennett, vicar of Christ Church, St. Johnsbury, and Deacon David Moody of the Anglican Church of the Good Shepherd to bless a beautifully bound version of the Kings James version of the Bible. The Fort at No. 4 is a living history museum which portrays colonial life on the New Hampshire frontier during the period of the French and Indian Wars (1740-1760). Both Fr. Art Bennett and Deacon David Moody have portrayed clergymen of the period at the Fort and have conducted the Anglican service of Morning Prayer following the Book of Common Prayer of 1662 each Sunday morning for a number of years.
Recently, the 18thCenturyBibles.org, a private organization devoted to preserving the historical accuracy of the great Christian literature of the 18th century, donated to the Fort at No. 4, three leather-bound facsimiles of an 18th century Bible (1735), Isaac Watt's Hymnal (1767), and John Playford's Psalter (1697) for use in services at the Fort. The original volumes are purchased by 18thCenturyBibles, scanned electronically, cleaned of blemishes, printed onto laid paper, and bound in tooled leather with marbled end papers. These beautiful books are then distributed to living
history re-enactors for their use. After blessing these books for use by clergy at the Fort, Bp. Marsh said: "I hope that these lovingly made books will enlighten visitors to the Fort as to the importance that religion played in society in the decades before the American Revolution." Ms. Baker pointed out that these volumes, if originals, would be too fragile and valuable for day-to-day use. "By providing us with facsimile copies, 18thCenturyBibles has given us books that both children and adults can touch and read. They will be a valuable education tool in our programs."
http://www.acanedio.org | http://www.fortat4.org/ | http://www.18thCenturyBibles.org